On Friday, 29 October 2021, the Supervisory Board of the Holodomor Museum Fund had its regular meeting. It was attended by 12 of the 15 full-fledged members.
The Supervisory Board heard a report by Director Lesia Hasydzhak on the Holodomor Museum Fund’s performance from 2018 to 2021 and results of the audit of the Fund’s 2020 financial statements. The Supervisory Board members also discussed the Fund’s mission: to be a partner to the State in implementing the Project to create the world’s first modern museum complex commemorating Holodomor victims, in particular, its main exhibition according to the highest world standards, progress with implementing public-private partnership, and made several decisions on functioning of the Fund’s executive structure, and fundraising and communication work.
It is to be recalled that the Supervisory Board is a collegial body of the Holodomor Museum Fund, which monitors activities and structure of the executive body. Also, the Supervisory Board’s task is to build the Fund’s positive image and attract benefactors to realise its mission.
- His Beatitude Sviatoslav (Shevchuk), Head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church
- His Beatitude Epiphanius, Metropolitan of Kyiv and All Ukraine, Head of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine
- Filya Zhebrovska, Chairperson of the Supervisory Board at Farmak OJSC
- Viktor Yuschenko, President of Ukraine (2005 to 2010)
- Stephen Harper, leader of the Conservative Party of Canada, Prime Minister of Canada (2006 to 2015)
- Prime Minister of Australia Tony Abbott (2013 to 2015)
- Oksana Zabuzhko, writer and public figure
- Lenna Koszarny, Vice President of the World Ukrainian Congress
- Andrii Kozytskyi, Candidate of Historical Sciences, Assistant Professor at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- Stepan Kubiv, Chairman of Vasyl Stus All-Ukraine Human Rights Organisation ‘Memorial’ NGO
- Bohdan Onyschuk, Chairman and Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Member of the Canada-Ukraine Fund
- Stefan Romaniv, First Vice President of the World Ukrainian Congress
- Nataliya Yaresko, Minister of Finance of Ukraine (2014 to 2016).
Also, a new Supervisory Board member joined the meeting for the first time: Morgan Williams, President & CEO of the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC). The Supervisory Board is chaired by Ivan Vasiunyk, Co-Chairman of the Public Committee for Commemorating Victims of the 1932–1933 Holodomor-Genocide.